Sat08Jul20178:00 amCapt. Trey Wilborn Field
Official Region 2A Qualifier for 2017 MultiGP Regional Series. The top 5 pilots from this race will qualify for the Region 2A Final in Peachtree City, GA on July 28-30.
Registtration Link: http://www.multigp.com/races/view/8687/RCFR-Region-2A-Qualifier
Landing fee: $20 (Paypal available: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 controlled practices rounds (more if time allows)
- 5 competition rounds
- Fixed time: 2 minutes
- Completed Laps counted
- Finish last lap after timer sounds and count if finished
- Winner is most accumulated laps for all rounds
- AMA Full Membership
- Failsafe is set (props must be removed)
- Turn on radio
- Turn on quad and give throttle
- Turn off radio, motors should stop within 6 seconds
- Correct video channel is set
VTx assignments and pilot roster will be released the week of the event.
Sat15Jul20179am - 3pmCapt. Trey Wilborn Field
Director: John Pieczynski
Hey you! Yes you! Have you always wanted to enter a contest, but you didn’t have the right plane, or didn't think you were talented enough to compete? Well this is your kind of contest. See the flyer below for details. Registration TBD.
Sat12Aug20179am - 3pmCapt. Trey Wilborn Field
Director: John Tubb
Join Rocket City RC in celebrating model aviation for the fifth-annual National Model Aviation Day 2017. National Model Aviation Day was created to encourage clubs to celebrate the hobby and share it with the public. There will be flight demonstrations and training flights as well as informative and educational displays, tours and Q and A. Come celebrate with us and learn more about this wonderful hobby! #ModelAviationDay
Sat02Sep20179am - 3pm Each DayCapt. Trey Wilborn Field
This event has been canceled due to the runway reconstruction not being completed.
Director: Jon Lowe
The field will be restricted for this event from noon Friday September 1st through 1pm Sunday September 3rd. Registration TBD.
Sat30Jun2018Sun01Jul20189:00am - 4:00pmRCRC Field
Come join in the excitement of quadcopter racing! See 100 pilots complete for the top spots in the USA finals.
Contest Director for this event:
Sat07Jul20189:00am - 2:00pmRCRC Field
- General Admission: Free!
- Selling permits are $10 prior to event, $15 day of event. Pre-payment can be made via PayPal using the link below or directly to Al Blair. Food and drinks available for purchase.
- Running of engines/motors will be permitted in designated areas only.
- NO FLYING DURING THIS EVENT!
Capt. Trey Wilbourn Field, Huntsville, AL
GPS Location: 34.685171, -86.592244
From the west at I-65/I-565 intersection, take I- 565 East, then Memorial Parkway South, then exit right on Airport Road, then left on Leeman Ferry Way SW